The following is a list of some of the notable financial projects and activities that I have been involved in:
Financial Career Highlights
– CFO of the 3rd largest land developer in Northern California. Sourced equity and debt financing, and built the accounting and systems infrastructure to support rapid growth.
– CFO of a major Midwestern homebuilder during a major business restructuring. Refinanced assets, developed new business ventures and prepared for new equity financing.
– CFO of a complex commercial real estate fund. Financial reporting, audit coordination, transaction support.
– CFO of a land development opportunity fund. Sourced debt and equity financing.
– CFO of what was then the largest children’s apparel specialty retailer in the U.S. Division of Foot Locker, Inc. Annual growth rate of 40% over the 8 year period.
– Director of Financial Planning for a $2 billion land developer and homebuilder. Division of Weyerhaeuser Co.
– Director of Internal Audit with the 2nd largest retailer in Canada. Division of Foot Locker, Inc.
GAAP Accounting and Financial Statements
– Prepared the first combined GAAP financial statements for a Real Estate company comprised of over 60 component companies.
– Director of Corporate Accounting for a $10 billion international retail company. Wrote and oversaw implementation of the Corporate Accounting Policy Manual.
– Developed accounting policies for Real Estate holdings and retail inventories, to ensure compliance with GAAP and FASB pronouncements.
– Set up accounting procedures and Quickbooks reporting for a complex commercial real estate fund.
Budgets, Forecasts and Long-Term Plans
– Corporate budgets, forecasts and 5-year plans for various Fortune 100 companies, mid-cap companies, and early stage entrepreneurial ventures.
– Pro forma financial statements and cash flow projections for growth initiatives in various industries, including Real Estate, retail, professional services, entertainment, energy and communications.
Business Valuations and Acquisitions
– Valuation and financial due diligence on $2.0 billion of residential and mixed-use land acquisitions. Worked with engineering, community development, marketing and construction professionals.
– Valuation analysis and business plan for the acquisition of a large real estate developer. Led the funding initiative.
– Valuation and due diligence materials to support the sale of a major homebuilder.
– Various valuation and impairment reviews on Real Estate portfolios.
– Valuation, and advised on the sale of an environmental consulting firm.
– Acquisition and assimilation of a retail company.
– Worked with a wide variety of software, ranging from internationally known packages to internally developed systems, and even Quickbooks.
– Overhauled accounting and IT systems at a mid-cap Real Estate developer. Introduced management and internal controls.
– System conversion to Timberline software package for a large land developer and construction company.
– System conversion to a new Point of Sale and integrated inventory control system for a major retailer.
– CFO of the first opportunity fund to focus on land entitlements. Sourced debt and equity financing.
– Financial models and business plans for a property management company involved in the purchase and rental of single family houses.
– Established and operated a motion picture production company.
– CFO of an environmental start-up company, looking to raise $100 million in the capital markets.
Debt and Equity Financing
– Relationships with various national and regional banks. Closed $80 million of debt financing.
– Financial analyses and proposed debt and equity structures for over $200 million of commercial real estate refinancing. Includes offices, hotels, apartments, gas stations and warehouses.
– Initiated a large Real Estate developer’s infrastructure financing program using “CFD” public funding. Saved the company over $100 million and increased ROI by 6%.
– Marketing and due diligence materials for prospective investors, raising $200 million in institutional equity capital.
– $250 million of joint ventures for various companies, resulting in financing of growth initiatives, as well as off-balance sheet financing.